Ashley 5th graders talk about the meaning of the Kwanzaa Holiday and what it’s like to make a Kwanzaa Salad in class.
This video has been shared at Ashley Parent Breakfasts and on the Ashley school website.
Ingredients: Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 2 pounds seedless grapes
- 3 oranges
- 4 kiwi fruit
- 1 can diced peaches (15 ounce)
- 1 can pineapple chunks (20 ounce)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 lime
- 1. Peel kiwi and cut into small bite size pieces.
- 2. Peel oranges and separate them into sections.
- 3. Cut grapes in half to avoid choking hazard.
- 4. Put all the fresh fruit into a bowl.
- 5. Open cans of peaches and pineapple; do not drain. Add
- to bowl.
- 6. Cut lime in half; squeeze the juice into the bowl and mix.
- 7. Add coconut flakes.
- 8. Eat and enjoy the salad!
Healthy Eating Tip: Take responsibility for your own health and make healthy choices every day!