Ashley 5th Graders learn to make a tasty and healthy Chicken Salad Rap, with their teachers Mr. Herd and Mr. Zwick. They make a song about it, too!
Recipe: My Pyramid Chicken Salad Wrap
- 1 – 2 lb. seedless grapes
- 1 – 2 lb. romaine lettuce, bagged 8 oz.
- plain yogurt
- 12 6 whole wheat tortilla (fajita style)
- 2 – cans chicken 10 – 12 oz.
- Open and drain canned chicken
- Wash grapes and cut in half; put in a bowl
- Mix grapes, chicken and yogurt together
- Wash and dry lettuce leaves
- Place a lettuce leaf on a tortilla, then spoon on the salad mix. About three heaping tablespoons of salad mix should be enough, and be sure you leave the edges of the tortilla free for wrapping.
- Roll the tortilla into a wrap
- Make as many wraps as you want, then serve.
- Cooking time (duration): 20
- Number of servings (yield): 12
- Meal type: lunch, snack or dinner
- Culinary tradition: USA (Nouveau)
Tip for Kids: Eat a variety of healthy foods every day!
Parenting Tip: Kids try more new food when they help make it.