Grillo Health Information – Introduction by Johnny Daurio (LISTEN)
Overview of Presentations – Dr. Rohini Kanniganti (LISTEN)
Joel Warner, Author – The Humor Code: A Global Search for What Makes Things Funny. (LISTEN)
Barry Erdman, LCSW, DCSW – Barry is a psychotherapist in private practice and a critical incident response consultant. His expertise focuses on the whole person, teaching practical strategic solutions (conventional and alternative) for resolving difficult life challenges. See Barry’s Humor Website (LISTEN)
Laughter Therapy – Annette Goodheart In this short film clip featuring psychologist Annette Goodheart, author of “Laughter Therapy”, sharing the Tee Hee solution to feeling stuck.
Rohini Kanniganti, MD
Rohini is a family physician and is the creative energy behind this exciting series. She loves connecting with the audience in her downhome style. For this second part in a three-part series on Laughter, she will play with contagious laughter. (LISTEN)
Learn about the power of laughter to promote healing after trauma
- If laughter is so great, why isn’t everyone laughing all the time?
- Laughter may be a key factor in ensuring post-traumatic growth, increasing physical, mental, emotional and social resilience.
- What is the role of media and humor in crises?
- How can we magnify conscious laughter as a mindful response to stress?
- We offer permission to laugh at things that are painful.