Ashley 5th graders make a corn and bean salad with their teachers.
Ingredients: Yield: 6-8 servings
- 2 cans of corn, drained (15 ounces)
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed (15 ounces)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 limes, juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 1. Cut vegetables into small, bite size pieces.
- 2. Put the cut-up vegetables in a large bowl and add drained
- corn and beans.
- 3. Add lime juice, oil, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- 4. Mix well and serve. Eat and enjoy!
HEALTHY EATING TIP: Eat 3 vegetables every day!